Biologically ideal magnesium supplement for reef aquariums
A sufficient supply of Magnesium is as essential for the growth and wellbeing of reef building coralline algae as Calcium. It is one of the major constituents of seawater and is directly involved in algae photosynthesis, i.e. the conversion of carbon dioxide (CO2) and light into organic compounds. The addition of plain magnesium salt, however, is not sufficient and interferes with the ionic balance of the tank water.
Tropic Marin®BIO-MAGNESIUM creates a natural environment in the aquarium and delivers Magnesium and carbon dioxide in a natural, biologically available ionically balanced form.
• Contains a combination of magnesium and carbon dioxide to promote essential biochemical processes in the aquarium
• Supplies magnesium for accelerated skeleton growth of corals and calcareous coralline algae
• Supplies carbon dioxide for zooxanthellae to promote photosynthesis and calcareous skeleton synthesis
• Maintains the natural ionic concentration and the pH value of the reef tank water
• No unnatural by-products
• No phosphates or nitrates
• Measured amount of Magnesium in a truly ionically balanced formula