ULTIMATE IN CONTROL & PERFORMANCE
The new and innovative Reef Octopus ELITE 150-INT in-sump protein skimmer supplies powerful filtration for aquariums up to 210 gallons. The Reef Octopus ELITE 150-INT is constructed of high-quality cast acrylic and PVC that disassembles completely for cleaning. Its unique wine glass body naturally stabilizes and concentrates the organic rich foam as it rises.
The Elite 150int is equipped with a variable speed Reef Octopus VarioS-2S pinwheel pump with integrated memory controller. This skimmer features a unique “twist and lift” collection cup to make removal and cleaning a simple task, an easy to use vented wedge valve provides precise control, and an underwater outflow for quiet operation.
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off the skimmer pump when your waste collector is full or shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don’t need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- And the best feature of the VarioS controller is… a 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System’s APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump features a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.
- Safe and Efficient 24V Power
- Turbulence Reducing Super Cone Body
- Solid Cast Acrylic & Machined PVC Construction
- Vented Output Valve with Adjustment Dial
- “Twist & Lift” Collection Cup
- Disassembles for Easy Cleaning & Maintenance
- Efficient, Quiet and Controllable VarioS-2S pump
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10v Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals.
Super Cone Body: 6 to 3.5in
Footprint: 11.4in x 10.4in
Neck Size: 4.7in
Total Height: 20.6in
Output Size: 40mm /1.25in
Water Height: 6 - 8in
Reef Octopus VarioS-2S Controllable Pinwheel Pump
Power Consumption: 15-25watts
Voltage: DC 24V
Air Draw: 900 lph / 31.5 SCFH*
- Two(2) year on pump body
- One(1) year on pump rotor
- One(1) year on skimmer body
Reef Octopus can not be responsible for consequential damages arising from installation or use of this product. Reef Octopus warrants the pump to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and conditions for the warranty period from the date of purchase.
CoralVue liability under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or replacing at CoralVue’s discretion, without charge. CoralVue will not be liable for any cost of removal, installation, transportation, or any other charges which may arise in a warranty claim.
*Reef Octopus reserves the right to change/modify this product without notice.